Welcome to The Taylor Statten Camps (TSC) website:
Located in the heart of majestic Algonquin Provincial Park (see Algonquin Location), Camp Ahmek (for boys) and Camp Wapomeo (for girls), both enjoy world renown reputations. Campers from all regions of the globe come to our Camps on Canoe Lake, largely through word of mouth. Our alumni network is vast and highly supportive. Not only do they send their children to our Camps, but our Alumni also constantly recommend “the summer of a lifetime,” to many others around the world.
Why choose the Taylor Statten Camps?
1. TSC is a family-run organization spanning 90 years of history and four generations of Taylor Stattens (see History).
2. Camp Ahmek and Camp Wapomeo are known as brother-sister camps, located a mile apart across Canoe Lake, where visiting and social interaction is often woven into the fabric of camp life. “Separate but together,” describes the relationship between the two camps. In this environment, young people not only have the chance to live and thrive in same-gender surroundings, but also have the opportunity to participate in friendly and healthy co-educational activities. This allows parents to send their sons and/or daughters to one “place,” where they can occasionally mingle with members of the opposite gender, but without the constant social pressure associated with co-ed, recreational environments.
3. The blend of dynamic in-camp activities and programmes, combined with an array of unparalleled canoe tripping (see Canoe Tripping) opportunities, offers campers an endless variety of interesting challenges year after year.
4. Accommodations are comfortable, but rustic in terms of living conditions. Campers live close to nature in well maintained cabins, (some of which were built in the 1940’s – see Facilities), but without all the conveniences of modern living.
5. “Forever Friendships,” a motto used in past holiday greeting cards is a Camp truism. Lasting friendships result from summers of living, playing and pulling together in a truly amazing atmosphere, completely dedicated to the growth and development of today’s children and youth.