Happy Holidays from TSC!
As the year 2017 comes to an end, we take some time to reflect on the past year. Thank you to all our families and staff for their support – you are what makes the TSC community so wonderful and unique.
Here are just a few of the countless exciting things from this past year:
1. We saw close to 1000 campers come through Ahmek and Wapomeo!
2. Exactly 150 canoe trips from both camps were sent out – this is especially significant as it was also Canada’s 150th birthday.
3. Mercede Rogers joined us for her first year as Director on the Island of Wapomeo and Greg Albisser completed his fifth as Director of Ahmek. We are so lucky to have them both and truly appreciate all of their hard work throughout the summers and beyond.
4. A water trampoline was added to the waterfront at both camps.
5. Beautiful new cabins were built for the Bantam section.
6. Campers and staff got the opportunity to participate in educational Indigenous programming thanks to Lex Scully!
7. Council Ring was restructured with a larger focus on Algonquin Park and the history of TSC thanks to Braedon Pauze!
8. New canoe dock at Ahmek was put to use and looked great!
9. TSC Alumni, Andy Baird – skilled teacher & outdoorsman, stopped by Canoe Lake to give Fire by Friction lessons to both Wapomeo and Ahmek campers. Thank you so much, Andy!
10. Wapomeo campers participated in the Dewey Run at Ahmek on Thursday mornings.
11. Restoration of the green war canoe was completed and is absolutely breathtaking. Thank you to David Standfield and all those who worked with him on this project!
As we look forward to a brand new year, we cannot wait to see what’s next! Here are a few reminders as we move into 2018:
1. The TSC Office is closed for the holidays and will re-open on January 8th 2018.
2. Registration for summer 2018 is off to a rockin’ start so we highly recommend registering as soon as possible, if you haven’t already! Click here to log in or create an account.
3. To apply for a job at TSC, click here!
4. While the office is closed, Tuck Shop orders can be placed but will not be shipped until after January 8th. Please note that the 2018 collection is pre-order only and will be shipped once inventory is available :).