Calling all Camp enthusiasts in Toronto, age 8- 12!
The Ontario Camps Association is looking to interview some incredible camp kids in Toronto f0r a news segment on the CBC! If your camper would be a great candidate for the interview, please read below:
The OCA is planning a OCA Town Hall Event on Monday, April 12 for OCA Camps, Campers, Families and alumni to share the details of the OCA’s efforts to operate day camps and overnight camps this coming summer.
As part of this Town Hall, we are working with Dave Keystone, a Canadian Screen Award winner for his show Small Talk on CBC, on a new show segment called Camp Chat. This is Casting Call is to include campers in a pre-recorded segment for the April 12 Town Hall!
What is Camp Chat?
Camp Chat is a TV segment that takes kids into nature for fun, insightful, completely unscripted, candid conversations about camp!
What are we looking for?
Kids: Ages 8-12, who LOVE camp! We are looking for interesting personalities. Kids who say the zaniest things! Makes you say, “how did you even think of that?” Pure personality and opinion.
How do I get my child involved?
Submit a video (no more than 30 seconds long) of your child introducing themselves by telling us their age, where they live and what they love about camp.
You, the parent/guardian, will send us the video (your submission) via email to and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Please use the subject line Camp Chat Submission – CHILD NAME.
The video can be shot vertically or horizontally, please attach via a dropbox or google drive link.
The deadline is Monday, March 22 at 8:00 p.m.
We will contact those that are chosen for the in person shoot via email on Friday, March 26.
Date: Saturday April 3
Location: In Person at Crestwood Valley Day Camp, located at 411 Lawrence Ave. East in Toronto
Time: We will contact each family with their time slot, please ensure that you are available between 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Saturday April 3 for one of two time slots (10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.).
- We will contact those that are chosen for the in person shoot via email on Friday, March 26.
- This email will include a release that must be signed and returned in your conformation email. There may be an option for virtual submissions if you are unable to travel – please indicate this in your confirmation email.
- The shoot for each child is expected to take 2-3 hours (not including travel time). The interview portion will be approximately 30 minutes.
- To keep this candid, kids will not be given interview questions in advance. The interview will be very conversational and will cover general camp topics like: What do you love most about camp? What is a fond camp memory you have? What is your favorite camp activity and why?
- There is no remuneration for this involvement.
- If we encounter poor weather we will have a safe back-up plan in place
- We are staggering each interview.
- All participants, parent(s)/guardian(s), crew will be screened before coming on site
- The shoot is outdoors and the crew and parent(s)/guardian(s) must be masked
- Kids will be required to wear masks until they are seated in their interview position on set (minimum 6 feet from the host), at which time they will remove their mask for the filming
- They will put their mask on once the interview is done.
- Hand Hygiene, cleaning, and sanitizing will be done before and after each interview.
Have questions? Email email@example.com with the subject line Camp Chat Question.